Mary Lu was born and raised in southern West Virginia and moved to Ohio after high school to attend college. She is a graduate of the University of Akron, and Methodist Theological School in Ohio.
Mary Lu is an accomplished author with numerous awards and writings to her credit. When she is not writing, she is relaxing at her home in northeastern Ohio. She enjoys spending time with Katy, her Siamese rescue and Charlie, a very bouncy American short hair. She also manages to find time for her husband, Rodney, and their children, grand-children, and great-grandchildren!
Short Essay at American Christian Writer’s Conference June 2002
“Lesson in Persistence”
First Place in Midwest Writer’s Conference:
Maggie’s Aunt” – October 2001
“A Home for Beauty” – October 2004
First Place in ByLine Magazine
“Meet Me Under the Mistletoe” – Holiday Romance, November 2007
Honorable Mention In ByLine:
“The Man on the Train” – Short Story, September 2002
“Christmas at Grandpa’s Barn” – Narrative Poem, November 2002
“The Mercy Killing” – Flash Fiction, October 2005
Grand Prize Mountainland Publishing Short Story
“Runaway” July, 2006
Worship resources published by C. S. S. Publishing Company, Lima, Ohio:
1. Of Love and Miracles (a Christmas Eve Service, 1987).
2. Miracle in Bethlehem Inn (a Christmas Play, 1993).
3. Three for the Third Day (Three Easter Sunrise programs, 1995).
4. Two Christmas services in Advent/Christmas Resources for Young and Old. (1996).
5.“Angels We Have Heard” A Christmas Eve Candlelight Service with Holy Communion. (2001).
6. BEYOND THE SHADOWS: A Service of Shadows and Holy Communion for Maundy Thursday. (2002).
7. Hymn Services and Readings for Special Times of the Year. (To be published 2006)
Worship resources published by Meriwether Publishing Ltd., Colorado Springs, CO:
1. A Vigil of Remembrance (A Maundy Thursday Service, 2000.)
1. Minister’s Annual Preaching in 1988; (Abingdon Press, Nashville, TN, 1987).
2. This New Life Together An Anthology of Wedding Meditations; (C. S. S.Publishing Company, Lima OH, 1988).
3. Pulpit Digest (Logos Productions, Inc., 1997).
4. Clergy Journal. (Logos Productions, Inc., 1998).
5. The Circuit Rider (Abingdon Press, November/December 2005)
1. The Upper Room (The Upper Room Publications, Nashville, TN – two in early 1980’s).
1. “If Every Day Were Thanksgiving Day” (The International Library of Poetry, Owing Mills, MD, 1999).
2. ���How to Write a Poem” (The Christian Communicator, Christian Writer’s Institute, Nashville, TN, February 2003).
“Maggie’s Aunt” in VENTURE Ohio Voices, (First Place winner at Midwest Writers’ Conference, Creative Works Publishing, Canton, OH, 2001).
“Runaway” Mountainland Publishing 2006
Escape from Richmond
Father Snoop and Holy Smoke
Six Feet Over
Pushing up Geraniums
Cats in the Belfry
Services for Special Days
Before the Dawn: A Night of Memories - a Biblical Novel
Angels We Have Heard
“Never Too Old” a profile on Alberta Hawse in Christian Communicator, (ACW Association, Nashville, TN – Vol. 17, No. 8, August 2005.